As a draughtsman, you will be involved in the production of design drawings for telecommunications structures such as guyed, self-supporting or monopole towers, including antenna supports, foundations for these structures, as well as M.A.L.T. and elometric drawings.
Office work (approx. 85%)
- Produce general site drawings for engineering mandates for existing sites or new sites (colocation);
- Produce drawings specific to the engineering mandate of existing sites or new sites (co-location) for addition, replacement or removal of antennas;
- Produce design drawings for the fabrication of various structural additions and reinforcements from internal engineering drawings or external design drawings;
- Produce structural design drawings based on internal engineering detail drawings, in compliance with civil engineering “design review” documents;
- Produce foundation drawings for various structures;
- Contribute to the development of various blocks and improve the use of Autocad;
Site work (approx. 15%)
- During site surveys, climb telecom structures to take data to validate tower information (steel, overall dimensions, other);
- During site inspections, identify structural or installation deficiencies and take data on tower tension, verticality/torsion, etc;
- Write inspection reports, complete information and results tables, list deficiencies, determine required photos to be included in the inspection report, and prepare “As-Reviewed” drawings of the inspected tower and/or installations for the customer.
- College diploma in civil engineering or architecture;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position (an asset);
- Knowledge of Autocad software;
- Functional English (an asset);
- Depending on education and experience, salary scale starts at $23.50/hour
- 37.50-hour schedule (Monday to Friday)
- Payment of contributions (if applicable)
- Employee referral bonus
- Time bank (if paid by the hour)
- Compensatory time (if paid by the year)
- Half-time pay after 40 hours (if paid by the hour)
- Large office
- Access to a full dining room
- Group insurance after 3 months’ seniority
- In-house gym starting winter 2023
- Social committee with a few activities per year (Christmas party, sugar shack, field hockey ticket, golf tournament, etc.)
- Flexible schedule. On-site presence required from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Two-day floating vacation after 3 months’ seniority.
- 3 weeks vacation per year, plus Christmas vacations ranging from 2 days to 6 days (historically 4 days and 6 days the last 2 years).
- 4 weeks after 10 years’ seniority
- On-site parking
- Possibility of teleworking if required